Introducing the 2017 Volkswagen e-Golf
As the center of the vehicle electrification movement, Californians have plenty of choices for plug-in automobiles to select from. Volkswagen Van Nuys have always argued that there should be only one choice for a full battery EV – one that drives like a Volkswagen.
That car is the Volkswagen e-Golf. For 2017 it has improved to include new technology, better energy management with a sharper look inside and out.
Here are the highlights of the updates that were made on the 2017 e-Golf:
- Increased battery capacity that may result in a 50 percent increase in driving range – up to 125 miles on a full charge. This returns up to an EPA estimated 126 MPGe in city driving.
- Power increase from the electric motor up to 134 horsepower and 214 pound-feet of torque.
- Introduction of the 9.2-inch Discover Pro infotainment screen for the MIB II family of connected and entertainment services. It is compatible with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink.
- New for 2017 – a standard Front Assist with Pedestrian Monitoring driver assistance system.
- Updates to the Driver Assistance Package, including Adaptive Cruise Control, Blind Spot Monitor Plus with Rear Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning and High Beam Control
- Revisions to the front and rear end – a preview of things to come for the Golf Family!
All of this makes the 2017 e-Golf one of the safest plug-in electric vehicles in the marketplace. It is also primed for being on the more advanced EVs available in Southern California. The promise of a greater battery range is one thing EV customers are looking for. Volkswagen hopes to deliver more in terms of flexibility of use for these plug-in vehicles.
Pricing for the e-Golf SE model starts at $30,495. An SEL Premium model is also available. And with available Federal and State incentives, the e-Golf is an even greater value!
The new 2017 e-Golf is here! Come to Volkswagen Van Nuys to test drive with battery-powered hatchback for the San Fernando Valley!